Today is getting to know your Author day! I have the lovely Becca Taylor, Author of Finding Home, with us today. Give her a shout out on Facebook and let her know how much you appreciate all of her hard work. Read my review here.
- If you had to describe yourself using three words, it would be…
leads with heart
- Why did you choose to write your genre?
I love romance, the feeling of a new relationship, and simple romantic gestures…the feeling of butterflies in your stomach.
- What is the strangest subject or topic you’ve ever written?
Not sure yet, I’m sure one will come.
- What are you currently working on?
Book 2 in my series. Aly and Bentley’s story. I love Bentley, sigh.
- What motivated the plot for either a WIP or a currently published book?
My current WIP is a take on a friend’s life. She is aware that I’m writing this.
- What was the hardest story for you to write?
I’m working on one about my struggles with fertility treatment. It brings back lots of emotions. I’m not sure if I will finish this one, though.
- What process do you use to plan your novels?
This was my first book. I don’t use anything to plan out what I write. Usually, when I hear a song that reminds me of a character, the words flow.
- Who has been your favorite character? Why?
now, my favorite is Hunter. He will be my third book. He’s an alpha male, with a heart much like mine.
- Do any of your characters reflect facets of your personality?
Yes. Kat in Finding Home is my personality, but also the girl I always wanted to be.
- What is the best thing you have done in your life?
Besides my family, hitting the publish button.
- If you were to choose another genre to write in, what would it be? Why?
Sci-Fi. I want to write and design my own female Superhero
- Which authors inspire you?
So many…VC Andrews was who I grew up with and love, EL James and her attention to details, Jordan Marie for her humor, Sabrina Paige, Annelise Reynolds, Britanny Cherry. I could go on and on
- What novel would you read multiple times?
I can read books over and over and never get sick of them. It depends on my mood. I’ve read Jordan Marie’s books more than five times each. Same with everyone on my above list.
- If you could meet anyone in the world, alive or deceased, who would it be and why? (Person could be a fictional character)
VC Andrews. I would’ve loved to sit down and have a conversation about her books.
- What is your favorite quote?
Something my grandmother always says and is quoted in my book. “Every day is an adventure.” When I have a tough day, I repeat this quote.
- What is your favorite animal, real or imaginary?
Tiger….strong, beautiful and protective of their pride.
- If you were to create a slogan for your life, what would it be? (Example: Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow, we all die.)
Same as my favorite quote, “Every day is an adventure.”
- Is writing a full-time or part-time career?
If part-time, what’s your other job? Part-time. I’m a stay at home mom and work as a pharmacy technician.
- If we Googled your name what would we see?
I have no idea. I never googled myself.
You really should, it’s quite interesting to see all of the things that came up with your name!
- If you could have been told one thing that you weren’t told when you were a teenager, what would you like to have heard?
Save every penny you can so you can buy signed books
- You have multiple personalities, describe some of them.
Strong, loving, protective, awkward, outgoing, reserved and cautious. Everything depends on the situation I’m in.
- Name one of your favorite things about someone in your family.
My husband is very supportive of me. I love that.
- Tell us about a unique or quirky habit of yours.
I can’t have my feet hanging out of the sheets….in case of paranormal activity.
Uh-Oh! I guess I am quirky too! I have always had the sneaky suspicion something is waiting to eat my toes if I let them hang over the bed!
I love to read books. I can easily read a book in a matter of hours. I’ve even been known to read the same books over and over. For a short time, life got in the way and I stopped reading. I fell in love with books again after reading a well-known series. So much that I read it five times in a row.
When I started branching out of my normal genre, I found so many new Indie authors that were truly amazing. One night after reading a book, I had a rather vivid dream. I thought, why not write it down. Each day I wrote a little more. Within a month, I had a completed book. Now, I’m working on a series. Starting a new adventure in my life, one that I never knew was in me.
♥•.¸¸.•♥• .99 cents , Free on KU •♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸
Finding Home by Becca Taylor
After a six-year relationship with someone who made Katerina feel less than perfect, she is ready for a fresh start. With her grandmother’s words in her mind, she begins seeking out new experiences by creating a list of adventures she’d like to complete. First on the list, a night out with friends. Which leads to the second item on her list, a one night stand. That single night with Caleb is one she can’t get out of her head. However, just when she thinks her life is moving forward, her past comes back. Making her doubt herself, her adventure list and her dreams of finding home.
Caleb isn’t the settling down type. His life is exactly what he wants, an uncomplicated routine. He has his boys, his business, his bass and his bike. Caleb’s life motto is work hard, ride his motorcycle harder and play music the hardest. Until the night he met Katerina. Suddenly, everything he thought he wanted wasn’t enough. For the first time in his life, he was thinking about his future. His future with her.