- If you had to describe yourself using three words, it would be…
Flexible, funny, diplomatic
- Why did you choose to write your genre?
The genre chose me. I wrote a story as it came to me, and found out afterward it was ‘romantic suspense’. It’s different to ‘romance’ and I’ve really enjoyed writing it.
- Who is your book boyfriend?
I may have a crush on a few of my own male characters…
- What are you currently working on?
Book 6 in the series.
- What motivated the plot for either WIP or currently published book?
I have no idea. It all just seem to flow on from her initial circumstances. I’m probably subconsciously influenced by my life and work.
- What was the hardest story for you to write?
Every time my characters cry, I cry. It’s been emotionally demanding.
- What process do you use to plan your novels?
No plan. I just write, and then read it later.
- Who has been your favorite character? Why?
My main character, Amethyst, because she is very resilient and loving.
- Do any of your characters reflect facets of your personality?
I think they probably all do to some degree. Exaggerated versions of various facets of me and people I admire.
- What is the best thing you have done in your life?
That’s a tough one. Having children? Meeting my husband? Surviving cancer?
- If you were to choose another genre to write in, what would it be? Why?
Maybe non-fiction, something about my work, because I think a lot of people don’t really understand what it takes to do the job.
- Which authors inspire you?
Oscar Wilde, Tolkien, Lewis Carrol
- What novel would you read multiple times?
I have so many books, I don’t think I’ve had time to read any of them multiple times.
- If you could meet anyone in the world, alive or deceased, who would it be and why? (Person could be a fictional character)
Severus Snape. He needs a hug.
- What is your favorite quote?
“Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I’m possible.” – Audrey Hepburn.
- What is your favorite animal, real or imaginary?
Dragons. I love dragons.
- If you were to create a slogan for your life, what would it be? (Example: Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow, we all die.)
If it’s to be, it’s up to me.
- Is writing a full-time or part-time career? If part-time, what’s your other job?
I work full time in justice and write instead of sleeping.
- If we Googled your name what would we see?
Me and my books.
- If you could have been told one thing that you weren’t told when you were a teenager, what would you like to have heard?
You don’t need to do that to have friends.
- You have multiple personalities, describe some of them.
There’s the patient, sweet kind me. There’s the irate driver me that no one hears. There’s the “I’m not taking your crap” me who stands up for me and others.
- Name one of your favorite things about someone in your family.
My kids are all a little crazy. They have wonderful personalities, very different to each other.
- Tell us about a unique or quirky habit of yours.
I quote song lyrics to answer questions.
- If you could no longer write what would you do instead?
- What’s your fave book/series and author?
The Complete Works of Oscar Wilde.
- What started your interest in writing?
I’ve been writing stories since I was very young. If I could access paper and a writing implement, I’d be writing something. I can’t draw!
- When not writing, do you have a hobby?
I think writing is my hobby. I don’t have time for anything else between full time work and study, and family.
- How do you manage to do 5,000 things at once? Have you cloned yourself?
I multitask and I never finish anything when I start it, I move to something else and come back.
- If you could only drink one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
Water (with coffee and milk in it)
- What Author would you like to have dinner with to pick their brain?
I’d be happy to meet some of the great Indie authors I’ve met through social media.
- If you could have dinner with anyone famous, living or dead, who would you choose?
I’d like to meet Bette Midler.
- If no one read your books/writing (I know, not possible, but… smile emoticon ) would you still write?
Yes, I can’t not.